Vatican Vista is located in Piazza Risorgimento n.36 in Rome, in a 19th century building. This central area of Rome, next to the Vatican City, is a convenient position to start exploring the city. Located in the elegant Prati/Vatican districts at a confluence of shopping districts within a short walking distance of St. Peter's Square, the Vatican Museums and Castel St. Angelo. Then you can take a pleasant stroll to Piazza del Popolo, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Campo de Fiori, Trastevere and Janiculum Hill.
We have within short walking distance banks with money exchanges and cash machines, post offices, open air markets, pharmacies, book shops and newspaper stands that include English language books and journals, coffee bars, restaurants, pizza parlors, gelaterias (ice cream makers), specialty shops and many other businesses catering both to the local clientele and the visitor.
Transportation connections are in the immediate vicinity: taxi stand, Metro (subway) station, bus and streetcar stops.
(See also our Transfers page).
BUSES: 23, 30 (night), 32, 40, 49, 62, 81, 271, 490, 492, 590, 990 and 982.
METRO: Line A (Red) Ottaviano - San Pietro Station
TAXI: Taxi Stand in front of the entrance door to the building.
PHARMACY: (Open Day or Night) downstairs on the corner of the buiding
BANKS & ATM: 2 downstairs on the corners
SHOPPING: On Via Ottaviano & Via Cola Di Rienzo
RESTAURANTS: Many to choose from. Ask the proprietors.
TRANSFER: exclusively for our clients.
How to reach us:
- From Termini Station (main train station) - Taxi or Bus 492 and 62. with subway service (Metro) Red Line A towards Battistini. After 6 stops , exit at Ottaviano/San Pietro Station. On the surface walk 3 blocks on via Ottaviano and you will arrive at Piazza Risorgimento. Turn left to our building at Piazza del Risorgimento 36 in the middle of the building.
- From airports: taxis from Fiumicino (FCO) and Ciampino (CIA) - fixed costa Eur45 and 40 for a couple.
- Additional service with the Leonardo Express train to Termini Station Eur15 per person. From Ciampino only bus service Bus Schiaffini. From Termini Station use the Metro as described above.
- From airports: taxis from Fiumicino (FCO) and Ciampino (CIA) - fixed cost Eur45 and 40 for a couple.
- Driving from outside the city, take the Highway get to the GRA, at exit Aurelia-Vaticano-Centro take this exit, follow the sign for Vatican City and after following the Vatican Walls to your right you will be in Piazza del Risorgimento. We are located at the huge pink and white building opposite the Vatican walls.